Hotel Thermen Bussloo is located in the Veluwe region, on the shores of beautiful Bussloo lake in the municipality of Voorst, near Apeldoorn. Bussloo lake is surrounded by forests and pastures. The area is perfect for walkers, cyclists and nature lovers. The villages of Twello and Voorst are beautiful to discover on foot or by bicycle. (Walking and cycling maps can be obtained from the reception at Hotel Thermen Bussloo.)
The central location of Hotel Thermen Bussloo makes a cultural outing, visit to the theatre or afternoon of shopping extremely appealing. A number of attractions in the environs of the hotel:
- Paleis het Loo in Apeldoorn is steeped in the history of the Dutch royal family. It was Queen Wilhelmina’s favourite palace. A stroll through the attractive buildings, the gardens and the park is itself quite an experience.
- ModeMall Piet Zoomers is a special shopping concept covering a floor area of 5,500 m2. Shopping provides a wonderful day out. More than 150 international brand names for women’s and men’s fashion can be found in the 14 lifestyle departments or in one of the 21 brand shops. The ModeMall, open every evening, is located on the A1 in Wilp. Easily accessible with free parking.
- The Kröller Muller Museum is a museum for modern art located in the De Hoge Veluwe National Park. The museum has a world famous collection of visual art. Highlights of the large collection include works from Vincent van Gogh and the sculpture garden.
- The Open Air Museum in Arnhem takes you on a journey back in time. A visit to the park is impressive and unforgettable. Your senses are stimulated. The sounds, smells, tastes and images all transport you to the past. Living history touches you, no matter your age.
- De Apenheul is a very special zoo in Apeldoorn. Experience an amazing day out among hundreds of free-ranging monkeys in this unique zoo.
- Theater Orpheus in Apeldoorn is one of the Netherlands’ five largest theatres. Book our wellness package in combination with an evening at the theatre!